B. Sc. Sem III & V Students Online Classes Notice
Online Classes Guidelines for Students
Students are requested to kindly read below instructions for attending the Class
Sarvajanik Education Society
Sir P T Sarvajanik College of Science, Surat
Webinar / Online Classes Etiquettes
We hope you are in good health and following the guidelines for safety in these tough days of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
As you are aware, you have been enrolled for the new academic year 2020-2021 and would have received the associated details. We welcome you to the new academic year and wish you a successful learning year ahead.
The current situation as per Government notification requires all classes with physical presence to be suspended till 15 August, 2020. However, VNSGU and CHE-GoG have instructed that students be taught remotely. Thus, the online classes shall start from 22/06/2020 as per the time table (forwarded to you / put up on the institute website).
Since the online classes learning method may be a new experience for many of us please note the webinar / online classes etiquettes and the simple rules to follow so that it is an enjoyable experience for us all.
- Participation in the webinar / online classes is via Google Meet. If you are logging in from a mobile phone then please download the app from Google Play Store or Apple app store. You are also required to download the Google Classroom app from your respective app store.
- You will be informed about the classroom codes for each subject and use this code to join a class in the Google Classroom App.
- All the students will be provided with the link for scheduled online classes in their Google Classroom in advance so that they can log on to the Google Meet hassle free.
- Once you click on the link you will be automatically directed to the class meeting, Google Meet will start and bring you to the meeting screen with two options - 1) Ask to join and 2) Present in the meeting. Participants must select the first option i.e. ask to join. Your host / teacher will connect you after accepting your request.
- Google Meet will ask your permission to switch on the microphone and the camera (front camera in phone and webcam in PC).
- We request you to keep your microphone and video muted. (Red symbol with a line across it) This will preserve YOUR bandwidth and reduce broken or jerky communication.
- There is a chat option which may be used to ask questions BUT only use it when the question session is announced.
- You are encouraged to write and ask questions to the subject teacher even after the webinar / online class.
- Your attendance shall be monitored and the institute’s attendance rules are applicable.
In case of any queries regarding the webinar / online classes, technical difficulty in logging in or any other query kindly contact the college office.
Note: Please do download Google Classroom and Google Meet from your respective app store and use the classroom codes provided to join a class.
Stay Home, Stay Safe
Guidelines for Online Classes
Tentative Time Table
B. Sc. Sem - III Time Table
B. Sc. Sem - V Time Table